phonedb - A phone database for the enterprise
phonedb is a database based web application, written in PHP
Current version: 0.1.0
- Web based,
- Simple inituative interface,
- Many search options and sorted views,
- Print preview,
- Personalized default setting for initial views,
- Self-service request feature,
- Support for multiple Companies, Sites, Departments,
- Multiple language support,
- Second level admins to maintain the database and user requests,
- Comprehensive authorization control of second level admins,
- Email notification when a new request is sent,
- Contact database download/upload for mass changes in a spreadsheet,
- Built in cacheing for fast service,
- Uses ez_SQL for database abstraction and speed,
- Free - open source.
To see screen shots click here
A demo is available here
You can Download the latest version here.
I was getting tired of the requests every month to update the intranet phonebook,
this required reformating badly layout spreadsheets for each site,
and exporting them to HTML,
and then just to find someone: [Ctrl]+[F] type a name, and then next, next - it was a drag.
I thought there must be a better way..
and obviously the natural place for such data is in a database,
so I started writing this in my spare time as a hobby
This is my first web application, and is a testament that PHP is easy to learn,
it also means that there will be bugs,
even though it has been working in production for some time now with no problems.
- Add more translations (with this you may be able to help!)
- Add more database scripts
- Enable 'real' themes (maybe with a template engine?)
- Add dynamic field addition
- Fix bugs...
A special thanks to Justin Vincent for ezSQL
Thanks to Nir Yariv for his excellent tutorial on cacheing at the Zend site.
Hosted on SourceForge